Boutique boxing gyms have stolen the show on the London fitness scene in recent months - dazzling their way into the limelight with killer conditioning classes, and taking the reins from CrossFit and TRX as the latest selfie-lover's workout. I mean, who doesn't look badass posing in retro boxing gloves? Cahoonas writer Amy Andrew continues the circuit of London's Boxing clubs with a visit to Islington Boxing Club. Here's her verdict:- But...
We caught up with Jade and asked if she could shine a light on her personal journey in the world of boxing. My first year as a junior I won my first national title at 54kg. in those 2 years at Bradford College I made my first international debut for England V France, from then I boxed in Serbia, made the England youth boxing team, won bronze in the youth...
Ringtone Boxing Gym is an unexpected find; tucked in behind the busy transport hub that is Euston station, you'll locate it down a set of stairs, behind an unassuming doorway squeezed in among the vegetarian curry houses along Drummond Street.
1) as cheesy as it sounds my biggest achievement is being a father, nothing will ever come close to the joy my daughter brings me.
2) every fight is a challenge you'd have to be silly to think otherwise, but after October in looking forward to my first 6 round fight 👊🏼
3) as you might have guessed from my answer to number 1 my inspiration is my little girl I want to be the best me I can be to make her as proud as possible
Swiftfists sparring gloves by cahoonass the perfect Lace up punchers gloves. Let you deliver the pain while you train.
Josh Taylor weighs-in ready for the big fight. Ready to #deliverthepain.
As an Amateur he fought his way through a massive 376 matches. Won ten gold medals at international tournaments, and captained the Scottish International team on a regular basis. Pop a load of other awards in there, like being given the glory of being the Scottish Champion at both junior and senior level, European Champion, British & Irish four Nations Champ and winning a bronze medal in 2002 & 2005 at the Commonwealth games then breaking Scotlands amateur record by winning 3 gold medals at international level and you start to see that Craig is a powerhouse of boxing destruction.
Craig turned professional in 2006 with a record of 21 wins, 10 by way of knock out
1) What is your greatest sporting achievement to date?
1. Well there's a lot lol but fighting in Vegas 5 times, being part of one the best gyms in the world. Being managed by one of the best boxing trainers in the world being signed with Golding boy!
Watch Chris fly round the track as he runs the 1500m. He's fast and he's proud and he's already carrying plenty of gold medals but these wont slow him down.
Cahoonas waited for a moment when Chris wasn't running like the wind and we asked him a few questions
as well as making him some Bespoke Scottish Running pants.
'The cahoonas are great. Very comfortable and they look class.'
Our fighter Andy Noble has done it again. Winning the Forza Championship fight title at Teamparente Gym event. He came he conquered he left the other guy in a mess. Train hard, fight hard and you'd better get some Cahoonas if you want to get in the ring with Andy. Here are a few choice shots of him delivering the pain.